Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
Join Cynthia Funk and Karen Cove
Studio 2 – Danforth Studio
30 Hour Teacher Training
Saturday February 22: 9:00am-6:00pm
Sunday February 23: 9:00am-6:00om
Saturday March 7: 9:00am-6:00pm
Sunday March 21: 9:00am-6:00pm
THE most relaxing teacher training you will ever take!
Restorative Yoga has become a much sought after practice. More and more, yoga students are discovering the benefits of this gentle and effective method of relieving the effects of chronic mental and physical stress.
This is a hands on, practical course.
- Learn about the dance between the autonomic nervous system; sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system
- Delve into the physical, neurological, psychological and energetic effects of restorative yoga
- Learn the foundational restorative yoga poses including supine postures, twists, and inversions
- How to skillfully use props including blankets, zafus, bolsters, and eye pillows to support deep rest
- Receive basic anatomical information on cautions and contraindications of various poses
- Deepen your understanding of pranayama techniques and learn what to include and exclude during restorative classes
- Learn how to layer meditation and visualization techniques into your classes
- Thoughtful assisting throughout a restorative class
- Become aware of the best use of language for restorative yoga and learn how to make use of it to deepen the restorative experience
- Begin to develop specific observation skills to discern and assist misalignments that may inhibit deep relaxation
- Optimize your classroom atmosphere to support the restorative experience
- Restorative poses to support women during all stages of pregnancy
- Sequencing, timing and themes for individual restorative yoga classes, different months and seasons
- Discussions about working one-on-one with clients, small groups and public classes
Through this course you will gain new perspectives on yoga practice through a different lens. Develop an understanding of restorative yoga as a therapeutic tool. Become aware of the effects on your own body and learn how to observe shifts and changes in your students within a public class setting.
Our objective is that you will gain confidence and understanding in restorative yoga so you can use these skills to assist yourself and others.
A certificate of completions will be granted upon successful completion of the course.
28 Faculty Led Hours
1 homework assignment, including readings (3 hours) to be completed by Sunday, March 9, 2020.
To receive certification, you must attend all sessions (100% attendance). If you need to miss a portion of the training, please address this with our administration to make up the missed class time privately with Cynthia and Jo.
Program tuition: $600
This course can be used towards a 300 Hour Certificate.
Who is this program for?
– Yoga Teachers
– Yoga Teachers in training
– Personal Trainers
– Fitness Instructors
– Massage Therapists