Join Shehla Khan
30 hours program held at the Danforth studio.
Saturday October 19, 2019, 3:15pm-8:15pm
Sunday October 20, 2019, 3:15pm-8:15pm
Saturday November 2, 2019, 3:15pm-8:15pm
Sunday November 3, 2019, 3:15pm-8:15pm
Sunday November 17, 2019, 3:15pm-8:15pm
This program is ideal for professionals: yoga teachers, meditation teachers, health professionals, social workers and students of yoga interested in deepening their awareness of making yoga accessible to all. Learn practical strategies for adapting the practice to wiser bodies, minds and spirits. This course combines the best of modern, evidenced-based medicine with the wisdom of traditional Yogic teachings.
Physical yoga is accessible to everyone with the use of many props including chairs. For people at any age, getting down to the floor may not be appropriate. Using a chair is helpful for those recovering from injuries, helps improve functional mobility, flexibility and balance.
Topics this course will cover:
- ways to address various health considerations
- basic Anatomy and Physiology of the hip girdle
- how to safely set up for practice
- use of props, chairs, blocks, straps and sand bags
- appropriate standing and seated postures
- breathing relaxation and meditation techniques
- how to modify poses to accommodate students’ needs
- precautions and contraindications of poses
- language choice
- class planning
- timing of sequences
- teaching in non-studio settings
- setting healthy expectations and goals
A Manual will be provided.
25 Faculty led hours with a 5 hour homework assignment.
$600 (not subject to HST)
Class size is limited, please enrol early to secure your place.